Webinars - Equal Justice Talks Series
Click Here - Sign-up to receive email announcements for upcoming webinars!
Current Webinar Information and Sign-Up
Equal Justice Talks Webinar Series #7 - Thursday, March 29th at 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST
"Overcoming Criminal Histories and Successfully Supporting Employment for People with I/DD"
There can be obstacles to employment for people with developmental disabilities. A criminal history can make it even more difficult to find and keep a job. In this hour-long webinar, supported employment professional Wesley Anderson will provide an overview of the problem, discuss positive ways to work with employers and outline effective options to help people with developmental disabilities and criminal histories succeed in the workplace.
2017-2018 Equal Justice Talks Webinar Calendar
- September 27, 2017 An overview of the criminal justice system and how it affects clients with developmental disabilities when criminal charges are filed - Recorded Webinar | Slides
- October 25, 2017 Effective techniques when working with a person with a developmental disability that affects their communication skills, providing practical tips and information - Recorded Webinar | Slides
- November 29, 2017 - Doing the Right Thing: Making Ethical Decisions and Preventing the Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disabilities - Recorded Webinar | Slides (Suggested reading on this topic: 'Scanning the Horizon' by Steve Baker and Amy Tabor)
- December 20, 2017 - How Parents and Caregivers can Keep an Individual with I/DD Safe While Accessing the Internet. Recorded Webinar | Slides
- January 25, 2018 - Counterfeit Deviance: What Is It and What Does the Research Tell Us? Recorded Webinar | Slides
- February 22, 2018 - Investigating and Prosecuting Financial Crimes Against People with I/DD. Recorded Webinar | Slides
- March 29, 2018 - Overcoming Criminal Histories and Successfully Supporting Employment for People with I/DD Register Here | View Flyer
- April 26, 2018 - Trauma Informed Care: Understanding Trauma and Programmatic Treatment *Registration and flyer link will be available closer to webinar date
- May 24, 2018 - Empowering People with Disabilities to Recognize and Report Abuse *Registration and flyer link will be available closer to webinar date
- June 28, 2018 - Description to be announced
Archived 2016- 2017 Equal Justice Talks Webinars
**Material contains graphic material and adult content**
- December 1, 2016 Sexual Behavior Problems
- December 22, 2016 Risk Assessment
- January 12,2017 Psycho-Social Assessments
- February 2, 2017 Sexually Inappropriate Behavior
- February 23, 2017 Sexual Violence
- March 9, 2017 Problematic Sexual Behavior Part 1 Juveniles
- April 6, 2017 Problematic Sexual Behavior Part 2 Adults
- April 27, 2017 Faith Based Organizations
- May 18, 2017 NJ Parole Supervision
- June 14, 2017 Promoting Personal Safety
This project is cosponsored by the New Jersey State Bar Foundation and made possible through funding from the IOLTA Fund of the Bar of New Jersey. For additional information about the Foundation's other law-related activities, please call 1-800-FREE-LAW or visit the Foundation on the Web at www.njsbf.org.