News & Updates
- It's ADA Awareness Month! We'll be sharing content all about the Americans with Disabilities Act all month, including sharing our #ThanksToTheADA templates, ADA related webinars and Zoom trainings, ADA Trivia and more!
- Check out our Training page to request a training for your group!
- Looking for resources on technology or internet safety? Click here!
- Register for our new webinar series: Stay Healthy at Home! Registration and archived webinars can be found here. Webinars are held every Tuesday at 2PM.
- Register for our interactive Zoom training series: Healthy Lifestyles Project: Live! These events are held every Wednesday at 11AM and Friday at 1PM.
- This month's social media hashtag is #ThankstoTheADA.
- Join us for our weekly Brain Games on Zoom each Thursday at 1PM.
- Follow along with our #HLP video trainings on our Instagram and our YouTube channel.
- All in-person NJSAP outings, meetings, and trainings will be cancelled until further notice. Click here for coronavirus safety and information on vaccines.
The New Jersey Self-Advocacy Project (NJSAP) was established in 1983 in to challenge individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to become involved in events, legislative policies, and issues that affect their lives or lives of others with disabilities.
We work together with these individuals to form The New Jersey Statewide Self-Advocacy Network (NJSSAN), which is used as means of supporting positive change on both a personal and social level. The NJSSAN consists of five Councils based on geographic location within the state. To learn more about the NJSSAN and how to attend monthly Council meetings, click here.
Our work includes conducting trainings and leadership seminars for self-advocates and group advisors across the state, supporting more than 150 self-advocacy groups across the state, facilitating fundraising and public outreach initiatives, conducting presentations to community groups, schools and conference audiences, and educating state legislators regarding issues of importance to people with disabilities.
Interested a free workshop at your location?
Looking for more training resources?
Interested our Health and Wellness program?
The Self Advocate: A bi-annual newsletter produced the New Jersey Self Advocacy Project (NJSAP) team. The Self Advocate contains registration information for two major events hosted by the New Jersey Statewide Self Advocacy Network: the Fall Conference and the Spring Into Action Luncheon. The publication also contains information about monthly meetings, training and educational opportunities, as well as legislative advocacy efforts.
Advocacy Matters: A monthly e-newsletter geared to providing self-advocacy group advisors and network members with training tips and information about upcoming events, along with features of the most recent advocacy activities hosted by members of the New Jersey Statewide Self-Advocacy Network (NJSSAN).