Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month is an opportunity to promote respect for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and to educate others about the abilities people with IDD possess. Each year, NJSAP hosts a Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month contest. The theme of this year’s contest is “This is What Self-Advocacy Looks Like”. Starting in February, participants are invited to create a short 3-5 minute video that incorporates the theme of this year’s campaign. The videos will be placed across NJSAP’s social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram). Participants are invited to share their video and gather likes when submissions go live on March 25th. The top 3 posts with the highest amount of ‘likes’ on NJSAP social media pages by the deadline, April 5th, will be selected as the winners of this campaign. Winners will be announced and celebrated publicly at our Spring Luncheon on April 13th, 2024.
From big gestures like visiting legislators and speaking up about issues that impact your community, to small gestures like choosing what to wear in the morning, advocacy takes on many different forms. For this contest, show us what advocacy means to you and what it looks like in your life. Have you advocated on an issue that is important to you? What kind of positive change have you seen from your advocacy work? Give us examples of why your voice is powerful and why others should advocate along with you!
- Develop a creative and memorable video that incorporates the theme of this year’s campaign: "This is What Self- Advocacy Looks Like"
- Fill out the form below and submit your video. Submissions will be posted on our website and social media pages to garner "likes" for voting March 25th - April 5th, 2024.
- Videos must be under 10 minutes long.
- You must fill out both the form below and the Media Release Form.
- Once the forms are received, you will get a link to submit your video.
- Follow the above theme, "This is What Self-Advocacy Looks Like".
- Any background music cannot violate copyright laws, please submit original content only.
In order to submit, the OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM and MEDIA RELEASE FORM below must be included with your submission packet. Separate release forms must be submitted for each individual who appears in the video.
Please e-mail your entry form to: FBayak@ArcNJ.org. A link to submit your video will be sent to you.
Everyone is encouraged to participate and submit a video.
The top three submissions will each receive a $50 gift card and will be honored at our virtual 18th Annual NJSSAN Spring Luncheon on April 13, 2024.
- Enter your submissions anytime between February 5th - March 22nd.
- Voting will take place March 25th - April 5th.
- Winners will be notified on April 8th.
- Winners will be publicly announced at our virtual 18th Annual NJSSAN Spring Luncheon on April 13, 2024. Join us to celebrate their win!