Developmental Disability Awareness Month is an opportunity to promote respect for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and to increase awareness of the daily obstacles faced by these individuals and their families. This month is also a chance to provide understanding, encouragement and opportunities to help persons with developmental disabilities lead productive and fulfilling lives.
- Learn about this year's contest here. More resources and ways to celebrate can be found below.
Ways to Celebrate
- Outreach with Legislators
- Each year, self-advocates share resources and answer questions from legislators from districts across the state about current issues affecting the lives of people with IDD.
- Introduction and Resources
- On this page you will find resources about people with IDD, related laws and proclamations, as well as sample letters you can use to spread awareness.
- Social Media Tools
- In celebration of Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month, we encourage you to educate others and spread awareness online!
- DD Awareness Month Contest
- View contest rules and vote on submissions for this year's DD Awareness Month Contest.
- DD Awareness Month Templates
- View an image gallery of submissions from self-advocates using our templates from years past.