Downloadable Fact Sheets and Information
- SSI and Continued Medicaid Eligibility Section 1619(b) Flyer
- SSI in NJ: What you need to know
- How to Create an Online Account
- Social Security Office Locator
Important information for the 2019 new year
Social Security Administration released this article on January 16, 2019, providing information to help keep on safe from fraudulent scams: Beware of Scammers Pretending to be Social Security
Understanding Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Reporting Responsibilities
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) eligibility is determined on a month by month basis. If you or your loved ones receive benefits from Social Security, you have a legal obligation to report changes, which could affect eligibility for SSI benefits and Medicaid. Hosted by The Arc of New Jersey Family Institute and presented by David Vinokurov, District Manager for the New Jersey Social Security Administration Office, attendees will learn how to report changes to your SSI benefits and avoiding SSI overpayments and underpayments.
In order to receive DDD services, individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) must have Medicaid*. Many individuals with I/DD become Medicaid eligible when they receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Medicaid begins automatically when a person with I/DD is approved for SSI. Families often have questions about the SSI income and asset requirements. A family's understanding these requirements is very important because failure to properly report income and assets for a person with I/DD can prevent the individual from becoming eligible for SSI, and can also result in termination of SSI benefits that were previously received.
*Occasionally,individuals with I/DD qualify for an exception to DDD's Medicaid requirement. This exception is referred to by DDD personnel as "Non-DAC". For further information on "Non-DAC" status, please contact Beverly Roberts at The Arc of New Jersey - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links and Flyers Discussed During This Webinar
- Section 1634(a) of the Social Security Act - Disabled Adult Child (DAC) Flyer
- Section 1619(b) of the Social Security Act - SSI and Continued Medicaid Eligibility
- Understanding Supplemental Security Income SSI -- 2017 Edition
- Understanding Supplemental Security Income Reporting Responsibilities -- 2017 Edition
- My Social Security Account
- Sign Up To Receive An E-mail Or Text Message Wage Reporting Reminder
- SSI Spotlight on the SSI Telephone Wage Reporting System
- SSI Mobile Wage Reporting Phone App - Android | iPhone
- New Jersey SSI Benefit Levels Chart Effective January 2017
- Reporting Wages When You Receive SSI
- Update 2017 - This fact sheet provides new information for each current year for many items, such as Social Security taxes and benefits and other factors of eligibility.