The Arc of New Jersey's Mainstreaming Medical Care Program promotes quality health care for people with developmental disabilities throughout New Jersey. Click here for the program brochure.
- New Jersey Launches NJ ABLE Accounts to Help Individuals with Disabilities Save for Expenses. Human Services Commissioner Johnson Unveils Tax-Free Savings Accounts for Individuals with Disabilities. Click here for more
- Need to find a physician that makes home visits? American Academy of Home Care Medicine has a listing of participating primary care physicians who make home visits! Locate a Provider *Please note, while these doctors do home visits, their experience with persons with I/DD is not known
- New Medicare cards will be mailed to all Medicare beneficiaries, starting in April 2018 - Everything You Need To Know About The NEW MEDICARE CARDS (But Beware Of Scams)
- "Non-DAC" Fact Sheet - DDD services for some persons who are not Medicaid eligible. How does “Non-DAC” status allow some students with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), who are not eligible for Medicaid, to receive DDD services? This fact sheet was written for parents, educators, and other professionals who interact with students with I/DD.
- 2018 Flu Season - UPDATE On January 12, 2018, officials at the Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provided an update on the current severe flu season. Read full article
- Accessing DDD Services at age 21- 2017 Fact Sheet This fact sheet will help you with the steps to follow when requesting access to certain services from DDD at age 21 and before leaving school.
- How to continue a parent's private health insurance when a child with I/DD is approaching age 26 - Fact Sheet
- Obamacare Is Still Here So It’s Time For Coverage Checkup - Kaiser Health News: Enrollment News To Bank On: View Article
Healthy Times Sign Up
Healthy Times, a medical newsletter for health care professionals and caregivers of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is now electronic! To receive the e-version of Healthy Times please fill in the form below and submit.