National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month is an opportunity to promote respect for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and to educate others about the abilities people with I/DD possess.
Each year, The Arc of New Jersey hosts a Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month outreach event at The Statehouse in Trenton. The theme of this year’s event and design contest is “Our Time to Shine”. All local chapters of The Arc are invited to participate. Participants are invited to design a poster that incorporates the theme of this year’s campaign. Each chapter will then choose their favorite submission to send to The Arc of New Jersey. One entry per chapter will be presented for voting online with the top three winning submissions each earning a prize!
Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month is a time to celebrate people with I/DD. Utilize the theme to create a work that shines light on your past accomplishments, highlights your current achievements, and sparkles with your future ambitions! Whatever you decide to create, just make sure to show that it's "Our Time to Shine"!
1. Develop a creative, eye-catching and colorful poster that incorporates the theme of this year’s campaign.
2. Once your chapter has chosen their top design, snap a photo and e-mail it, along with the completed entry form and photo release*, to FBayak@ArcNJ.org. The photos you submit can be any size- the bigger, the better!
*A signed Photo Release is required if any individuals appear in photos of your submission.
All local chapters of The Arc are encouraged to participate and choose one poster to submit.
1st place winners will be awarded a $100 gift card, 2nd place will be awarded a $50 gift card, and 3rd place will be awarded a $25 gift card.
1. All submissions are due no later than February 14, 2020.
2. Voting will take place February 17th - 24th, 2020.
3. Winners will be notified by February 25, 2020.
4. Winning submissions will be on display at Goldfinch Square in The Statehouse in Trenton from March 9 - 13, 2020. Winners will be invited to attend our Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month Outreach Event at the Statehouse on Monday, March 9, 2020.