To all of those who helped my family
Nominated by Connie Shazar
There are so many Heroes in our life these days. I cannot name just one, as it takes a village for sure. I am so grateful to:
• Thomas Belinsky from Advantage Supports, my son’s support coordinator, for never giving up on my son and being as supportive as he could to me. His guidance and direction probably saved my son’s life as I was getting hopeless. My son now is getting the care he needs;
• Michelle Roberts from The Arc of New Jersey who went out of her way to write a letter to the court explaining my son’s unique situation;
• The Mom2Mom organization and the FSO of Merchantville Support Groups, run by Sandy Wilson, who have been very supportive to so many parents in the same boat;
• Paul Aronsohn for his undying dedication to our families and children;
• Robert Artis, DDD Family Outreach, for taking the time to understand what our families go through and for thinking outside the box; and
• Assemblywoman Joann Downey for listening to my concerns and taking a serious approach to finding a permanent solution for our families and for empathizing with us as parents.
There is no shortage of Heroes during this time. I thank all of them for being involved and continuing to stay involved to see that our kids and families be the best we can be. It truly does take a village and teamwork.